Roasted Chicken Recipe
- 1 organic whole chicken
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs, chopped. Some or all of basil, thyme, oregano, rosemary, sage.
- 2 tbsp total of dried herbs. Some or all of the above herbs
- garlic & onion granules.
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbsp butter, optional
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- aluminum foil
- baking sheet
- Take the chopped onion, garlic, and fresh herbs and stuff into the chicken.
- Rub the avocado oil on the outside skin of the bird, coat with the dried herbs, onion and garlic granules, salt and pepper. Do not be shy on your use of seasonings. : )
- Place chicken on baking sheet lined with foil and add water and lemon juice, butter optional.
- On a pre-heated BBQ grill, place the baking sheet containing the chicken. Do not cover the bird with a lid or foil.
- Cook on medium-low heat for approx 1 hour,
- Flip bird over, and continue cooking for an additional 20-30 minutes or until meat is at 175 degrees. (If liquid has evaporated, add more during cooking process.) Cooking times will vary depending on the BBQ.
- Remove roasted chicken from the BBQ and let it rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
Serve with roasted vegetables; asparagus, broccoli, zucchini, and/or summer squash. Rice is also a nice side dish. Enjoy!
Use the leftover bird carcass and giblets, put them in a pot with 10 cups of water and make Homemade Chicken Stock!
Use Roasted Chicken scraps for Homemade Chicken Stock